1. How do I nominate a hidden hero for a break?
Step this way and fill out our official nomination form.
2. Who can make a nomination?
All nominations must be submitted by a trustee or someone in a managerial or senior position within the registered charity.
3. Does the nominee have to work/volunteer a minimum number of hours per week to be eligible?
No. We fully appreciate that Hidden Heroes give what time they can, therefore there is no minimum requirement in terms of hours worked or volunteered for a nomination.
4. Will the hotel partners provide breaks for all applicants?
Room to Reward is reliant on the generosity of our fantastic hotel partners. As we use donated unsold rooms, it may be that some hotels are unable to offer breaks during periods when they know they will be extremely busy. All restrictions are shown at the time of booking.
5. What happens if there is no availability?
In the unlikely situation where your chosen hotel partner is unable to provide a short break on the requested dates, the hotel will recommend other dates. If a solution still can’t be found, please contact Room to Reward and we will arrange for another hotel partner to try and meet your requirements. The Hidden Heroes will not go unrewarded!
6. What if a nomination is declined?
In the extremely unlikely event that a nomination is not approved, the nominator will be notified with an email outlining the reasons why. Sometimes, we may ask for more details behind the reasons for the nomination.
7. What happens next – i.e., after receipt of nomination?
We will contact the nominator by email to confirm that their nomination is approved. They will then be sent a certificate to present to the Hidden Hero along with a link for them to book their stay. Don’t forget to share your photos with us!
8. What is included in the break?
All breaks are offered on a 1-2 night, bed and breakfast basis.
9. Can children be included in the break?
Should the nominee wish to include their children on the break, they should advise the hotel within the booking process, and the hotel will try to accommodate the request with a family room.
10. Can other family members be included?
If the nominee would like to include additional family members, their names should also be detailed on the booking process and, budget allowing, they will be included. However, please note that in some circumstances, it may be necessary to ask for a contribution towards their stay.
11. Is there a limit on the number of times applications can be made for a break?
See our guidelines below for nomination allowances. However, these are flexible.
12. I’ve used my nomination allowance for the year, but have another fantastic volunteer, can they be nominated?
As mentioned, our guidelines are flexible so please get in touch if you have another compelling story to tell us!
13. What if the reservation is cancelled?
We know that circumstances can change and, in some cases, the cancellation of breaks may be inevitable. All we ask is that the hotel is notified as soon as possible and at least 48 hours before the date. Of course, the Hidden Hero is then able to re-book their break.
14. How long does the nominee have to take their break?
We request that all breaks are booked and taken within 12 months of a nomination application being approved.
15. Can the same person be nominated twice?
Unfortunately not. Our mission is to say ‘thank you’ to as many Hidden Heroes as possible so once a nominee has enjoyed their break we are on the look out for the enxt one!
16. How can I find out more?
If you still have questions, please contact the Room to Reward team on the details below:
Telephone: 01202 489058
Adam Terpening (Charity Director): firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Langtree (Marketing Manager) email@example.com