1. How do I nominate a hidden hero for a break?
We ask that the nominator from a registered charity completes our official nomination form.
2. Regarding voluntary or part time work, must the nominee work a minimum number of hours per week to be eligible?
No, there is no limit on how many hours a volunteer or employee works each week.
3. If I am a volunteer/employee within a registered charity, do I need to seek permission from senior management to nominate a colleague?
All nominations must be submitted by a trustee or someone in a managerial or similar position within the registered charity.
4. Will the hotel partners provide breaks for all applicants?
As our hotel partners are kindly offering short breaks on a voluntary basis, they will endeavour to provide breaks for all successful nominations, but they may have limited or no availability during busy periods. Any restrictions are clearly shown at the time of hotel selection.
5. What happens if there is no availability?
In the unlikely situation where your chosen hotel partner is unable to provide a short break on the requested dates, the hotel, if possible will recommend other dates. Alternatively, contact Room to Reward, and we will arrange for another hotel partner to try and meet your requirements.
6. How will the nominator know if the application has been declined?
The charity will advise the nominator of the status of the application by email.
7. What happens next – i.e., after receipt of application?
Upon receipt of a nomination, the charity will contact the nominator by email to confirm that the eligibility criteria have been met. On the basis that the application has been successful, Room to reward will advise both the nominator and nominee of the outcome of the application.
8. What is included in the break?
The hidden hero and partner will be provided with a complimentary stay on a bed and breakfast basis for up to a maximum of two nights in any of the participating hotels. Extras beyond this must be settled on departure.
9. Can children be included in the break?
Should the nominee wish to include their children on the break, they should advise the hotel within the booking process, and the hotel will try to accommodate the request with a family room.
10. Can other family members be included?
If the nominee would like to include additional family members, their names should also be detailed on the booking process and, budget allowing, they will be included. However, please note that in some circumstances, it may be necessary to ask for a contribution towards their stay.
11. Is there a limit on the number of times applications can be made for a break?
All charities automatically qualify for one nomination per annum. Depending upon the size of the charity we would consider additional nominations.
12. How is the Hidden hero advised of their deserving break?
Once the application has been approved, the nominee will receive instructions from Room to Reward, explaining how to make their reservation for a break at their preferred hotel location.
13. What if the reservation is cancelled?
Room to reward is aware that circumstances may be unpredictable and that the cancellation of breaks may be inevitable. However, our hotel partners will require 48 hours’ notice in advance of the day of arrival. If desired, an application to stay on an alternative date should be submitted.
13. How long does the nominee have to take their break?
We request that all breaks are booked and taken within 12 months of a nomination application being approved.
14. Who should be contacted with a query?
If the nominator or approved Hidden Heroes have any queries regarding the charity at any point, please contact Adam Terpening by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org