Come and join the team!
Job Title: Fundraising Officer – Part time (3 days a week)
Salary: £25,000 pro/rata
Room to Reward is a unique charity created to say ‘thank you’ and give some time back to the Hidden Heroes – inspirational volunteers who give up their time to make a difference to people in need. Our partner hotels donate their unsold rooms, charities and community groups nominate their Hidden Heroes for a break, we make it happen!
Purpose of the job:
Room to Reward are looking for an experienced Fundraising Officer with a proven track record to join our team in Christchurch, Dorset. Working three days a week, you will be responsible for generating income from trusts, foundations and corporate partners to help develop our charity, reach more hotels and charities and enable us to say ‘thank you’ to more Hidden Heroes.
- Meet all fundraising strategy targets, timelines and income projections.
- Research, identify and manage small-mid donations from trusts, foundations, institutional funders, governments and statutory-making bodies, corporate and private donors.
- Develop public fundraising opportunities and activities.
- Attract, build and develop relationships with new and existing corporate donors to secure long term and increased funding across a wide range of target markets.
- Manage a mixed portfolio of funders to best practice standards, ensuring reporting deadlines are met, terms and conditions for grants are satisfied, grant income is collected efficiently when due and donor retention remains an ongoing priority.
- Research new philanthropic foundations and likely sources of statutory funding both in the UK and abroad.
- Maintain and update database of fundraising contacts.
- Experience of a wide range of fundraising activities (including public fundraising) and proven success of substantial income generation.
- Good knowledge of the principles of fundraising from trusts and foundations and experience in soliciting funds from these sources.
- Previous experience in preparing multiple funding application forms and writing detailed and compelling proposals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Exceptional organisational and project management skills with the ability to prioritise and deal with a variety of tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team.