Our fundraising venture for 2019 is here!
Run, run, run, repeat. 10 people. 170 miles. 2 days. One weird way to spend a weekend…
When R2R do fundraising, we don’t mess around. Following on from the amazing success of last year’s Solent Triathlon, we are “delighted” to be entering the brilliant Ragnar White Cliffs Relay.
THE EVENT: 21st-22nd September
10 runners will tackle a 170(ish) mile course that snakes through picturesque towns, rolling fields, and the iconic white cliffs of Dover.
Each teammate runs 3 “legs” with each leg ranging between 3-11 miles and varying in difficulty.
Throughout the event, the running doesn’t stop. This means night-time runs and our heroic team living out of two vans for the weekend!
- Tim Winney – Investment Manager, Nicolas James Group
- Joe Langtree – Marketing Manager, Room to Reward
- Steve Lewis – Regional General Manager, Harbour Hotels
- Lee Jackson – Group Projects and Maintenance Director, Nicolas James Group
- Atilla Domby – General Manager, Brighton Harbour Hotel & Spa
- Jason Parry – General Manager, Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa
- Mike Kean – Head of Pre-Development, Harbour Hotels
- Josie Roach – Hotel Manager, Guildford Harbour Hotel & Spa
- Rebecca Clough – HR Manager, Harbour Hotels
- Simon Maguire – Regional General Manager, Harbour Hotels
WHY WE’RE DOING IT
The money we raise through this event will be used in two ways –
1 – To help fund further outreach so we can get more hotels, charities and community groups across the U.K. signed up to R2R and give some time back to more Hidden Heroes to recognise their impact and dedication to helping others.
2 – Most importantly, to help with additional trip costs where necessary to ensure every Hidden Hero nominated to R2R has the same opportunity to enjoy their break.
Previous fundraising has enabled us to pay for things like travel expenses, an additional room for a support worker and other extras needed to make an R2R break possible for some volunteers.
Your donations will greatly enhance what we are able to offer our charity partners and their amazing Hidden Heroes.
Don’t worry – we don’t need any more runners!
You can support the team through the donation page here: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/RuntoReward2019
And follow R2R on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin (@roomtoreward) to see our training updates and – of course – how we get on at the event itself!